Monday 29 September 2014

"I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain!" - 29-9-14

Dear Loved Ones,

The St George YSA 1st Stake had a very wet weekend, and we're not talking about the storms. Four children of God entered the waters of baptism!! Two in our Wards and two in the Elders' Wards! They were both beautiful. During the time they were getting dried and ready Sister Biery and I taught The Restoration to everyone there because there were some non members there from the Elders' area so it was great. The Spirit was super strong, it's definitely something we will try again. Their confirmations were great and then T bore his testimony because it was Fast and Testimony meeting. He said how he had a void in his heart and the Book of Mormon filled that void. He even used a "quote" from the Book of Mormon and said how he will be obedient to his baptismal covenant all his life! It was beautiful. He spoke at the Recent Convert Fireside in front of everyone and all our investigators so it was great! I realized at the confirmations yesterday that it's been exactly a year since I was set apart as a missionary! One year since I have been on fb, held a baby, hugged a boy, listened to music etc! IT'S GONE SO FAST!!! And here I am one year later at my investigators' confirmations, happy and loving missionary life.

We had a sweet moment with A at the Christus after our lesson with him. We took him out there and played Homeward Bound on the highest volume it will go because no one was in the VC and he just shut his eyes and prayed again thoughout it all and at the end he looked up and had tears streaming down his face. I asked him what he was thinking and feeling and he just looked at me and said "The Gospel is so true" and we just cried together. He said how he doesn't know why he is so lucky to have found it. It was so sweet. I am so excited for him to  be baptized! He'll make a great missionary one day! The AP's were there and A went up to them and said "Excuse me Elders, can you not take my Sisters away please?" but it was too late because Sister Biery is being moved to Price :(

We had some funny times with our Asian investigators this week!  One was when we were teaching J and H and I speak very slowly and clearly with them and so I finished a sentence with "gospel" and Julie repeated "gospel" but just as I had said it so it was really slowly and VERY BRITISH!!! IT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HEAR THAT BRITISH ACCENT FROM A CHINESE PERSON! Myself and the fellowshipper couldn't hold it together and we just died laughing. And we read the Book of Mormon with them and it mentioned the gathering of Israel, and Zion, and they had no clue what was going on so I just said "It's just one big group of happy people" and they said "Oh...like us?" hahha and so we cracked up a ton and said YES just like us! hahaha! I love them!!

We got to watch Women's Conference with K this week so it was beautiful! She is doing great for her baptism! We had miracles this week with finding new investigators. We had to find 6 new investigators to reach our monthly goals so we determined to work hard and to pray hard! Monday we found two, then Wednesday 1, then Thursday 1, and then we got to 6pm Sunday night and we still needed two more. I wouldn't let myself think it was too late, we kept our faith strong and then one of our Ward Mission Leaders gave us a random surprise referral! It was PERFECT!! They are great and we are seeing them again tonight. It's incredible seeing Heavenly Father's miracles when you are willing to work hard and pray hard and not give up. He is incredible! Women's Conference was beautiful too! There was a dinner beforehand at the Institute Building and so we mingled and then were spiritually fed.

We had a fun adventure on Thursday morning! We had to be at Brigham Young's home for our weekly Sisters Training Meeting and everyone had people they were bringing and no one could bring us so we got up and on our bikes at 7am and rode to Brigham Young's home! IT WAS HARD WORK! Our legs were pumping!! Saddle sore is a real thing. But it was a beautiful fresh morning though. The evenings and mornings have a nip in the air and it is welcome, we are so done with sweating every day! It's about time!

I don't think I ever told you that the General Primary Presidency came into the VC a few weeks ago and spoke with all the Sisters and thanked us for our service and asked us what we liked about it there. It was very special :) Also there was this woman in the VC from Essex! She was from Braintree. She was completely about energies and the earth and stuff. She was very interesting and I just loved her! I felt the Spirit guide me on the tour to give her and I knew what to say. We talked about Christ being the biggest champion of womanhood and she was touched. Then I played the Christus for her and she took off her shoes and crossed her legs in the meditation position and shut her eyes and cried through the Christus message! Then she asked to hear it again and I said how German is my favourite because the voice sounds most like what I imagine Christ's voice to be! So I played it for her again in German and she took a Book of Mormon! She was super great and I loved meeting her.

Well transfer calls tell us that Sister Biery is going to Price YSA and I am staying in Dixie 1.5 with Sister West. She is from Arizona and has about 12 weeks left on her mission, and we are going to be Sister Training Leaders together. Netiher of us are STLs currently so we will just train each other on it and see what happens! Haha I am excited for this opportunity to stretch, to learn how to love people more and to work harder than I've ever worked. Sister Garcia is in my District and I'm her STL so we get to be together sometimes! I'll let you know how it all goes. Right now I just feel nothing, I feel kind of numb still and terrified if I think about it but peaceful when I pray. I need LOTS of prayers this week. I'm grateful for wonderful STLs who have shown me an example. #morganduval #maddiebusteed haha

I love you all!
Sister Nicholls


No comments:

Post a Comment