Tuesday 22 April 2014

Another great week! 22-4-14

Dear Family and Friends,

What a week! And it's only been 6 days since I last emailed. And it'll be 8 days again because next week P-Day is on Wednesday again because of VC meetings. GOSH who even makes that schedule ;) oh, me. LOLZ anyway this week was great! So last Wednesday Sister Garcia and Schafer and Lipke went out to lunch with the Christiansen's because of Sister Garcia's birthday! It was an Italian place that was really good! Then we went to Downeast and I might've bought a new dress. A big MIGHT. Then in the evening we plucked up all our courage and took a recent convert to visit E with us. E's whole demeanour had changed, and she let us in and cried and hugged us and apologized again and again for what she had done the day before. A spoke a lot about how she felt the week before her baptism and how to cope with it and we asked E what she was feeling. E said "I spent a lot of time on my knees last night asking God what I should do. Which church should I be bapized in to? And He told me to be baptised into the Mormon church. I want to be baptized this Saturday!" and we REJOICED and wasted absolutely NO time in calling our District Leader and his companion to get them there that second to peform the interview because you never know with E haha. She has been scheduled for baptism so many times before. So we caled them and they said that their appointment had stood them up so it was perfect. We called the Bishop and he came too! E was SOOOOO HAPPY! She lives by herself because her Mormon husband died 4 years ago and she esteems the Bishop to be the best man in the world and whenever he gives her even a shred of attention she is thrilled! So Bishop came in and she ran up to him and engulfed him in her arms and kissed him on the cheeks and the Elders followed in afterwards and she did the same with them. They looked so awkward!! IT WAS HILARIOUS. Elder Ball has a bit of a tummy on him (it is the 40 lb mission!) and she put her hands on his tummy and squeezed in delight hahahahahahhahahahahha we were crying with laughter! She was uncontrollably happy! She had the interview and they said she has an amazing testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon! We were SO HAPPY Wednesday night! We ended up not leaving the house until 9:50pm but we figured it was okay because our district leader was there too and it was for a good cause haha. I haven't been out that late in a very very long time!

More good news, we went to L and G's house (remember T's parents) and G has said that he is ready to learn more!! It is so thrilling to help a family come into the fold and be united for all eternity. We need lots of prayers for him beacuse he has anxiety and gets scared of change a lot of the time and so we are trying to show him that he needs this but also not make it sound like a huge change cos then he'll get scared and stop learning. I was bold with him and told him that his family need him to be the Priesthood holder and lead his family in righteousness, he needs to take his woman to the temple etc. That really struck him and he was really thoughtful. I love their family so much! I am excited for him.

We have our new district and it's honestly the best I've ever had. It's us and Sisters Schafer and Sister Lipke, and then Elder Ball and Elder Nye, and the Zone Leaders are Elder Wright and Elder Cavazotti. It is a spiritual feast every week yet its so fun that we laugh til we cry. We had the best training meeting I've ever had my whole mission. I guess that's  what you get when an Assistant to the President becomes your District Leader. He's used to giving Mission conference training so training at District Meeting is a piece of cake. It was SOOOOO GOOOOD! I just want to be a better missionary every single day. It's going to be a great transfer with them!!! And Sister Schafer told me she has announced to her family her decision to go to BYU after her mission! We are going to live together!!!! And Elder Ball and Elder Nye are going to BYU and are living together too! So it'll be a district reunion every day haha!!! I LOVE THE ST GEORGE MISSIONARIES! After DTM Sister Watkins took me and my companion and two other companionships out for lunch at this restaurant called Breakfast at Tifiny's - IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! We have to go there if you come and get me. It was a treat for the Sisters whose birthdays were that month and their companions! It was delicious! It was so nice to be out with her. My favourite thing about being a Visitor Centre Trainer is geting to spend lots of time with the Watkins'.

This crazy lady came into the VC and was telling me how she's been banned from attending the addiction recovery programs in St George but she needs to go because she is an addict to wheat and the wheat makes her more depressed which means her life is in choas and she can't hold down a job and she's done everything and she watched Conference but she already knows it all and no one understands her and nothing is right in the world. I just stood there and showed her some pictures of Jesus but there wasn't anything I could do for her! She was way out of reality. It was so sad to see, but I love her and tried my best! Every day people like that come in. There was this one woman came and sat in front of the Christus crying hysterically and everyone just looked at her for a few minutes. It hurt to see someone cry that much, because here we sit with our lives that are fine, we have everything we need, and there is someone there who llooks like her whole world has shattered. I went and sat next to her with some tissues and held her while she sobbed into me. I took her into Elder Watkins office and he gave her a blessing and it turns out that her daughter has been sectioned and will probably be in a mental institution for years and years and years. She was devasated because her husband passed away a few years ago (she only looks about 30) and now her daughter is gone too. It humbles me to hear people's lives each day.

We went and saw E on Friday night just before her baptism! We helped her pick out some clohes. She took us into her bedroom and had us pick her dress and we told her 1000 times she needed two sets of underwear cos one will be wet but of course she forgot them haha!!  We didn't rest until she was actualy baptized on Saturday morning. Our whole District came to the baptism for support and I played the piano. A spoke and all 6 Sister missionaries sung "When I am baptized" acapela because I can't play and sing at the same time! It went realy well and was beautiful! On Sunday when she was confirmed she was late so Bishop said from the stand that she will be confirmed next week and started the Sacrament song and half way through E waltzed in and went right up to the front and waved and sat down next to the Bishopric HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. I felt so un-Christlike  but I was crying with laughter behind my hymn book. It was so funny!!!!!!  She got confirmed and everyone sustained her and she thought they were waving at her so she waved back. IT WAS ADORABLE!!!!! All day she was teling everyone how much she loves us and how patient we are with her and how she needed us etc. It's been 12 years and now she is finally baptized!!!! WE ARE SO HAPPY! It was truly a miracle that I'll never forget!

Yesterday night we were out walking to a house to contact and we came acoss a less active man name Justin who we met a few weeks ago that is gay and drunk all the time. We were talking to him and I noticed this car kept going past us again and again so I looked the next time it went past and it was the Elders!! They sent us a text while we were talking to him asking us to call them when we can. Turns out he had tried to start a fight with them twice and they wanted to make sure we were okay haha. HE LOVES US! We got him in touch with the Bishop when we saw him a few weeks ago and he's become bffs with the Ward Mission Leader and he prayed for us and said the most beautiful sincere prayer ever. He was praying for blessings for us and gratitude that we came into his life and then he said "And I wish that there was food here because I only know how to bless food....but there's no food here........Sisters, you're supposed to laugh at that!" hahahahahahhaahaha half way through the prayer. He was so drunk! I remember how scared I used to be of drunk or high people but now we spend like half our time around them! He is lovely though and we are excited for the changes he is making!

Well I have to go now!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!
Sister Nicholls

No comments:

Post a Comment