Monday 7 April 2014

"Beware of pride boy, your eternal soul is on steak!" 7-4-14

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been productive!! We got ourselves a new investigator named B. She is 12, and her whole family just moved from California and are all interested in learning the gospel #missionarydream! So far we have only been able to meet with B but we will hopefully see her family tomorrow! B and her sister S went to the Women's Conference last week with the Ward Young Women. That Young Women's President is the most amazing missionary you'll ever meet! She brought them with her and they LOVED what they learned and how they felt and talked with the missionaries on Temple Square and they said "It would  be so cool to be baptized and be a Mormon" and I'm like "We can help with that" haha so we are helping with that!

I had some very special visitors in the VC this week! The Watkins said "We live five hours away and we don't get as many visitors as you!" haha. I was sitting in Elder Watkin's office writing the monthly report on the VC for SLC to look over, and Sister Watkins came in saying "There's someone here for you!" and in walked the Herbertsons! I WAS SO THRILLED!!!!!!! I nearly cried in Julie's arms hahaha! I gave Elder Herbertson a nice handshake haha. I spoke to Connor on the phone too.
We sat in that office talking for ages and then I showed them around the VC and it was so surreal seeing someone from my home world here in my mission world! But it made me so happy! Reminded me that real life is still real! They gave me a beautiful package! Thank you so much for everything. Then just before I came to email I was in a meeting with the Watkins (welcome to my life, meeting after meeting! But I love the Watkins' so it's a pleasure!) and Sam Siddiqui and John Fowles and his family came in!! It was so weird but so cool! I like seeing people! Elder Watkins is so funny and reminds me of Dad so much! I said hello to him the other day and he just smiled and said "I like you Sister Nicholls." and I cracked up and said "I like you too Elder Watkins" and he just cracked up a ton and we have a special connection now ;)

I had a cool experience in the VC this week! This couple were looking around and I just felt strongly that I needed to go and speak to them. So I approached them and discovered that they aren't members, and they are visiting from Wisconsin. We talked a little bit and got onto the subject of Sabbath day worship. It was a good discussion and they were saying how they just use it as a day to get house chores done because they work so hard in the week. I said how my family love to have the Sabbath day as a day off of all of that, where we can go to church, and then do family activities in the afternoon and how much I love that. They seemed touched and so naturally I put them in God's Plan For His Family because that's what reduces everyone to tears haha. So I met them at the end and the woman was crying and I asked her what touched her so much and she said that they need to make the Sabbath day more holy! It was funny because the movie has NOTHING to do with the Sabbath but that was obviously what had stuck in her mind that the Spirit was teaching her about, and she was crying and saying how when she was a kid they'd go to her Grandma's every Sunday and it was special and now they don't do anything special and they need to change that! It was so awesome! So I taught them the Restoration and The Plan Of Salvation and gave them a Book of Mormon and got their contact details and will contact them this week and see if I can teach them again. I just love seeing it "click" in people's eyes. It's hard being a VC missionary when you have just a few minutes with someone to make a connection and help them to have a converting experience with the Gospel, plant a seed if you will, so that they will go home and want to continue learning from the local missionaries. We are just the introduction! But now with technology we get to stay in touch with people! I just love it because so many non members have come in this week so I really feel like I'm fulfilling my purpose. There is nothing more thrilling than introducing the Book of Mormon to someone!

Myself and one other Sister had to pull ourselves away from watching General Conference and missed the Prophet and Apostles to save and rescue other souls who came in to the VC. It was a case of good, better and best! I'll read Conference when it comes out in the Ensign! I am SO excited!

So I'm doing no sugar April. It's hard but it's getting easier. It's amazing how your body craves things! But the cravings are going and I'm feeling great! I hope my skin will get better and I'll lose some weight. I can't run in the mornings except like once a week because my companion doesn't run so it's boring for her to watch me run back and forth. Maybe my next comp will enjoy running! We have transfer calls this week! WHO EVEN KNOWS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!! As the VCT I get given the transfer board on Thursday, so two days before everyone gets their calls so that I can begin the long and arduous process of doing the six week VC schedule. I have already been told bits and pieces about transfers so I have an idea about who's staying and who's going outbound. It's exciting! So think of me on Thursday when I find out where I'm going and who I'm with and what I'm doing before I can tell ANYONE! It's going to be painful haha. Everyone has said that they will try to read my body language and I'm scared haha!!! It's so hard to keep big exciting secrets. But I'll be obedient ;)

We had a great Zone Meeting on Friday! Basically all the EldersI know and love are going home next week or the next transfer. Then I'll actually have to branch out and make new friends?! What's that all about? It's sad. So in order to say goodbye to all our District Leaders and Zone Leaders going home we had an Around The World Lunch!  It was so good! They were all very surprised and delighted! The best part of the meeting was that we had to role play teaching with the pamphlets, and of COURSE I GOT PAIRED WITH PRESIDENT CENTER. AND OF COURSE I GOT GIVEN THE CHASTITY PAMPHLET!! Who else can say they have taught their Mission President chastity? I think I was bright red the whole time. I had to call him by his first name, John, because he was acting as an investigator and I had to give him a detailed lesson on what is okay and what is not okay hahahahahahahha,. Then I committed him to keep his thoughts clean and not commit adultery hahah! We have a special connection now ;) I was just like, OF COURSE I'M THE ONE WHO GETS PRESIDENT AND CHASTITY. OF COURSE. hahahah! Best story ever!

Yesterday we met with this mother and her daughter who is 17 that we just reactivated. I don't think I've told you about them before because i always have way too much stuff to tell you about. But we've been working with them for a while and they've been to Church for the last month so they are reactivated! We met with them yesterday and it was just so sweet. The mother's mum was there too, and she's active but lives in Texas, and she was just so grateful to us for our persistence with her daughter and granddaughter. Everyone cried and we just felt so priviledge to have met them! They are taking us to Kneaders today on our pday for a treat! IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH WORKING WITH THEM ;) haha but I love the relationships you form on your mission! I love these people so much!!

Our babygirl E is doing good! She's still off the cigarettes and we're praying so much for her to keep going strong so she can be baptized April 19th! She seems to think it's all up to the Lord and she doesn't have to do any work. So we are trying to help her see, if she wants to be baptized April 19th bad enough, she'll do it. If she smokes again, it's not because the Lord doesn't want  her to be baptized haha! KEEP PRAYING FOR HER PLEASE!

So I found this scripture that changed my whole life, it's the whole of Moses 7. I've read it before but it never jumped out at me like it did this week. Basically, the Lord is showing Enoch the dispensations of the world, and shows him the good and the bad. The Lord cries with Enoch when he looks and sees the wickedness, and He smiles when He sees the good. I've studied it like all week and it makes me cry every time I read it because it shows us truly the character of the Lord. It's the most beautiful passage of scripture I've ever read. Enoch says something to the effect of "You've made millions of worlds, millions of universes with millions of particles, you are from everlasting to everlasting, and know everything, yet you weep when you look upon our world?" and the Lord in effect says back to him "I created each of these people with my own hands, and gave them everything, and all I asked is that they would choose me, their Father, but instead they are choosing destruction and endless torment. How can I see these things and not weep?" and it touches me so much every time. I've told you before how I feel like the Lord weeps with me when  I weep over my investigators that give up. It's His heartache that I feel. Now I've had it confirmed to me with these scriptures. I love it so much and it's so powerful using it around the Christus, as it has the mural of the universe behind Him and yet He is looking down on us with a smile and His arms outstretched just like in Moses 7 where He smiles down upon Noah building the ark. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Last funny moment of the week. You know the 20 minute Restoration movie we play to people? There's the Priest who says to Joseph "Beware of pride boy, your eternal soul is at stake." and us missionaries quote it whenever we can. We even have a song called Utah Provo Mission in our car that we play and play and play but change the words to Utah St George Mission, and change BYU to DSU etc etc anyway, it quotes that line in the song. Look it up on youtube, it's mine and Sister G's fave. Anyway we use that line on each other all the time whenever we say something that could potentially be prideful, and Sister G tried to use it on me but she got it wrong and said "Beware of pride boy, your eternal soul is on steak" hahahahhahahahahahah we laughed till we cried for a long time. I love having a companion with English as a second language! Who knows what the future holds for us this week with transfer calls!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!
SISTER NICHOLLS




No comments:

Post a Comment