Tuesday 25 March 2014

We got T-boned!! 24-3-14

So I just got permission to email again right now to let you know that we were in a bad car accident today and just got back from the hospital. I was driving, doing the speed limit, paying attention, and a jeep wasn't paying attention and ran a stop sign and t-boned us really bad, they took the back end of our car off, the wheel came off so I was skidding on the road with just three wheels and we were sliding around and the car wouldn't stop but I was so calm. I know it was a huge huge huge blessing because we didn't hit the oncoming cars and I had full grip of the steering wheel and even though the car pushed us pretty far we didn't hit anyone and managed to stop before the sparks and the oil mixed and exploded. You wouldn't believe how calm I was. I don't even know what happened. I was just driving then all of a sudden the two sisters in the back, Sister Duval and Sister Busteed screamed and I swerved but he still got us. It was a huge bang and huge impact and we were pushed really far and I held on to the wheel and felt very calm and we stopped in the middle (the suicide lane as you call it) of the road perfectly. I shouted "IS EVERYONE OKAY?" and there were some gasps so I shouted it again and they whispered they were so we jumped out of the car, our car was strewn across the road for about 50 metres and everyone got out their cars and the surrounding houses and shops and helped us. We called the Senior Elder in charge of cars and stood on the side of the road and men were coming over saying they were Priesthood holders and could bless us cos by this point the two on the side that were hit, Sister Garcia and Sister Duval said that their necks were hurting and their arms were tingling and they needed to sit down so they called ambulances and the police and the fire dept all came to clear the road and it was so traumatic. All four of us Sisters just stood there crying and crying and crying and holding each other and we were then surrounded by all these medical personnel and I just couldn't believe what just happened. We all were in such bad shock and I wanted nothing more than to just call you. It broke my heart to see my companion and Sister Duval laying there with men all around them supporting them and putting them on stretchers. They were crying for us and then the Police were interviewing me and I was so glad that I hadn't done anything wrong. I couldn't live with myself if I was the one who had run the stop sign or if I was speeding or not paying attention. But I could hardly talk I was shaking so much and Elder Sullivan arrived and had his arm around me the whole time and then the Center's arrived and I just felt like everything would be okay because they were there. President Center came over to me and put his arms around me and held me for like 20 seconds while I sobbed into his shoulder and had his arm around me for the whole time we were there. He is the most tender man I have ever met. Everyone was sped off in ambulances so we remained and watched the car being taken away and then the man who hit us who was sheepishly standing up the street told the Police that I wasn't paying attention and that I should be blamed and the Policeman was like "Well.....even if that was the case, which I don't believe it was, you ran a stop sign. She could've been going 100mph and it still would've been your fault." That made me even more upset and President was like "Sister Nicholls, of course he is going to try and cover himself, he just hit four Sister Missionaries by running a stop sign." It wasn't even an intersection, it's just a road I was driving down and he just came out of a junction without stopping or looking and ripped my car apart. So the Center's drove Sister Busteed and I to hospital and it was just heartbreaking to see our companions laying there. We had to wait a while before we could go in, but the Center's were allowed in right away and when we got permission to go in President was in with Sister Garcia and Sister Center was with Sister Duval, and I went in and President was standing there next to her, holding her hand and stroking her shoulder. He had his arm around me the whole time stroking my back and we all cried and it was just so tender. They took Sister Garcia off to the x-ray room and she cried for President to give her a blessing and he placed his hands on her head and said the most tender blessing ever that the Lord was watching over us and continues to do so. After a few hours of waiting there with them we were discharged and told to just rest and got a prescription and our Zone Leaders were at the hospital with us too and word had spread and no-one knew what happened or how we were but everyone knows now. The Center's then drove us to Walgreens and we got our prescription and our District Leaders brought Chick-fil-a into the VC and we have texts from everyone. Everyone hugs us and every time they do we just cry more. But after the Zone Leaders left the hospital they texted Sister Center to say talk to Sister Nicholls she looks awful haha. But we were so incredibly blessed I can't even tell you. It all happened so quickly and I keep having flashbacks to the moment he hit us and we got pushed and the screaming. It was so traumatic but we are doing okay. Elder Sullivan told me I'd done amazing to get a car with three wheels into the middle lane without hitting anyone else. I have had a blessing and many hugs and lots of support so we are going to be okay. We just don't have a car for a while. But I wish my eyes could be opened to see the multitudes of angels protecting us. If we would've been one split-second earlier it would've been a LOT worse. Angels were pushing our car away from the other cars and stopping it. Everyone offered us blessings and help and I just can't tell you how much I love President Center. He just held me for 20 seconds while I cried into his suit and had his arm around me the whole time. I was a wreck but everyone said it wasn't my fault and I did the right thing. 

Sister Center said that you could call her or President for questions or concerns. 

I love you all. Please keep praying for me. We need all the prayers we can get. Heavenly Father protects His missionaries. 

I love you so much! 

Sister Nicholls

Our car!

Someone put the remains of our car in a nice pile on the side of the road.

They balanced the bumper with the car and drove it away.


No comments:

Post a Comment