Tuesday 4 November 2014

So Many Miracles!! - 4-11-14

I am going to type SUPER FAST SO I CAN TELL YOU EVERYTHING!!! 

First of all, our Asian baptisms were BEAUTIFUL!! The Spirit was so strong! Afterwards we just hugged and cried and smiled. I can tell that they will do great things for China and Hong Kong. H will for sure be a leader there! He is great! He bore his testimony at Church and said "I pray and get better score on my test, I think that is miracle, so I know God is there. My friend sick, I pray and she get better so I baptise yesterday, I guess that is miracle. I'm done now." and sat down. haha! IT WAS ADORBZ. Such a beautiful privilege to be there. If they are still here when you pick me up you need to meet them, you'll fall in love with them. Us and the Elders sung Amazing Grace for the baptism. I was super nervous as usual but Sister West is helping me to overcome my fear of singing in public! President and Sister Center were there as well, it was just a great baptism. 




For Halloween I dressed up as Sister Myers from The District, shout out to all RM's in the world ever! It was great! I felt so traditional haha until it got to like 80 degrees and I was boiling! We had to be home by 6pm on Halloween night, no proselyting and the Visitors' Centre was shut. So we met with our Zone Leaders and discussed the needs of the Zone and then met with the Assistants and practised our musical item for the baptism the next day. When I get home I can fill you in on all the jokes that happened that night, email cannot accurately portray all the details, but it was hilarious!! The Assistants are our best friends now. We carved pumpkins for District Training Meeting the day before and in keeping with classic missionary art I carved the plan of salvation and one of the Elders carved the First Vision (but he's annoyingly good at everything he does so you could actually tell what his was and mine was just blobs all over the pumpkin and an outer darkness haha) and Sister West carved a church haha. I love it! 

Our investigators are doing well. N from the football team is DOING SO GOOD! He makes me so happy!!!!!! He came to Church for the first time on Sunday and in our lesson yesterday he said he knows the Book of Mormon is true :)))))))))) He also said that he feels this warm feeling every time he meets with us. We haven't put him on date for baptism but he is praying about baptism. For some reason wtih him we both just feel that it needs to be taken slowly. And if that's okay with Heavenly Father it's okay with me! So we teach him once a week cos he is super busy but this week we got to see him twice!!! Things really are moving forward with him and it just fills my soul with exceeding joy. I love how when they truly read the BOM and pray every day it sincerely shows them that this is true. My confidence in sharing the Gospel has grown because I've seen how even the hardest heart can accept the Gospel. But he is just a good kid and has a good spirit about him. He is worried about his family back in California  rejecting him for thinking this is true so I told him all about you Dad and how you joined the Church by yourself. It helped :) J who got baptised in September just got the Priesthood and is doing really well! A the girl we found when we knocked on her window on our bikes is doing GREAT!! We see her each day and she is so immersed in her ward. Our Ward Mission Leader loves her and wants to marry her hahaha. #ysaprobs Yesterday we were going to teach chastity but she needed to walk to put her rent in that second so we went to her house and walked with her for like 20 minutes and taught the law of chastity while we walked. It was certainly a memorable moment that doesn't take place every single day haha! How often do you walk across a unviersity campus teaching the law of chastity? But she just embraces everything. SHE LOVED the law of chastity and the Plan of Salvation!!! 

We also found this Brazilian girl who LOVES EVERYTHING! and she has undergone a massive change of heart. She only likes logic and dislikes feelings but went to the VC and felt something powerful and said she needs to learn more. She's met missionaries in Brazil but she discredited everything they taught and didn't want to learn. But now she is like "Wow I was wrong!" and just embraces everything. She is getting baptized on the 22nd November, same as A. She comes to all the activities and is so well integrated. She was even talking to us about how she is ready to be in the minority of Mormons back in Brazil! When you go to Brazil on business again I need to come so we can see her :) I just love all these people so much!!! 

So we had a miracle on Sunday! It was Fast Sunday and I was fasting to be able to help someone who come into the VC. It's easy to get stuck in a rut when you've been there for 7 transfers straight and to just feel like you give the same tour again and again. But anyway this couple came and sat by the Christus and I was talking to them and it turned out he was not a member but she is. He said that he has always felt drawn to the Mormons though and asked me "How on earth does a beer drinking Brit get converted to the Mormons??" haha and so I told him all our family history of conversion, Dad, and Grandad Hatch, and how our family used to own a pub haha he liked that a lot. Anyway we were just relaxed and easy around each other and it was good to feel like I was supposed to be talking to them. So I said a quick prayer in my mind and felt strongly impressed to randomly start talking about Prophets and how I think it's amazing that our Church believes in modern Prophets just like in the old times and he looked at me and said "Thats funny you should say that because that is probably the strongest thing I believe in about your Church" and then I shared a scripture with him from 1 Nephi 10:18-19 and he said, "Where is that?" and I showed him and he said that is  the chapter of scripture he is on right now as he just begun reading The Book of Mormon!! It was so great and the Spirit was strong and it was easy to see how necessary this tour was for us both! And there was this YSA  boy reading The Book of Mormon behind us throughout this whole conversation and he comes in to the VC to read the scriptures each day and he came in yesterday and was like "Hey how did that tour turn out yesterday?" and it was cool because I didn't know anyone was watching. But I love being used as an instrument in the Lord's hands. Especially when He answers our prayers. 

Also Sunday was miracle day because we needed one more new investigator to meet our weekly goals. We had half an hour left before home time so we prayed and visited every single house we could think of. We didn't just pray that we would find someone, but we prayed that we would be led to the right houses, or that we would remember people to visit, and that they'd be home and that they'd hear their doors being knocked and that they would feel the Spirit when we talked and that we'd know what to say. The Lord blesses us when we are specific! We knocked lots of houses and were running round St George like headless chickens when I remembered a YSA girl who came into the VC and said she had a non member roommate. I remembered roughly where the house was and we found it very quickly and they invited us in straight away and we taught and she said she would like to learn more!!!!! IT WAS A MIRACLE!!!!!! I love how the Lord really is helping us every day when we turn to Him. 

This week we have Missionary Leadership Council, Zone Meeting, and on Saturday someone from the MTC is coming to observe us for the whole day!!! We will be in a trio. AND ALSO it's transfer calls on Saturday so I don't know when my next p-day will be! I could be up in Manti before we know it or I could forever be at the VC, who knows? So think of me on Saturday :) It's a nerve racking week with all of this!!! I love you all!!! 


Sister Nicholls

No comments:

Post a Comment