Saturday 12 October 2013

First Email From The MTC - 9th October 2013

Dearest Family, 

I don't even know where to begin with it all! I was fine after you dropped me off, everyone is so nice! I saw Kyle Ashcroft straight away, he walked past me and was like, SISTER NICHOLLS haha so I saw him today at breakfast too. The food is fine, I don't know what all the fuss is about. So after you dropped me off, Elder Duncanson from England and I went to take our cases up to our temporary rooms and then we went to our first class. We were there for like four minutes before it ended and then it was lunch time haha! So I ate a cookie and a banana, then went back to our room with Sister Aslett and Sister Dube (also both from England) and they slept off the jet lag while I read the scriptures. We had to be back in the room by 2pm. So we got back and had the best class ever about the Temple.  It was so good. I wish I could just live here learning all this stuff. I love Sister Aslett a ton. She is 24 and from...Reading?! I think. We both said we feel like we should be companions. But she's going to Canada on her mission and we'll say goodbye to each other today as the American missionaries come in and I'm with other people. I slept fine last night. We had a devotional in the evening with Emeritus Elder Marsden, about...guess what...MISSIONARY WORK haha. It was really good though. He spoke about Moroni delivering the message to Joseph in the middle of the night and how Moroni was probably afraid to deliver such an important message to the future prophet of the restoration who would do more for mankind than anyone ever except Christ and likened that to us. It was good. I started to feel a bit homesick then though so I just prayed my way though it. I met my Branch President for a few minutes and will be interviewed by him tonight. They all seem so lovely and they love the missionaries so much. The missionaries all shout WELCOME TO THE MTC every time they see us with our name tags with dots on. I crawled into bed at 10:29 and laid there for a while singing hymns in my head. I was fine though! I woke up shaking like once but mostly because the thin blanket they give us isn’t enough to keep me warm, but the bed is really comfy and the pillow was lovely. Our shower doesn’t work so I sat in the bath and splashed myself with water coming from the bath taps haha. I've seen lots of people I know from BYU. Some boy was like, YOU'RE CHARLOTTE RIGHT? and I was like I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE hahaha. LOTS of people I know here. One of the wives of the Bishopric in my Branch is from England and knows all of the Faggs. I had a cool experience reading the scriptures yesterday, I was reading in Luke 1 about how the angel told Mary that she could conceive through the spirit, and I thought about how that is the most impossible thing to have a baby as a virgin yet through the Spirit the impossible can be achieved, and how I,through the Spirit, can serve a good mission and get through all my fears. It was a sweet moment. We are just writing to our families now and then are going to the temple, I don’t know if we'll go in. I don’t think so, but we're walking there. Then we get ice cream!! I love it haha. There are lots of Sisters with me who are going to Temple Square from all over the world.
LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT!! THANKS FOR THE CARD AND CHOCOLATE!!

LOVE YOU XX

No comments:

Post a Comment